24 February 2012
Some old, some new, some borrowed - oh wait! No these
are all borrowed. Have a read through a collection of some of our
- The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law George. But unlike
George,this plan just might work.
- "The sea was angry that day my friends - like an old man at a
deli trying to send back soup." - George Costanza.
- I laughed like a hyena standing astride a rotting hippopotamus
- Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two
sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
- He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience,
like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse
without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around
the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking
at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in
- She grew on him like she was a colony of Ecoli and he was
room-temperature Canadian beef.
- From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene
had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in
another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds
who had also never met.
- Even in his last years, Grandpappy had a mind like a steel
trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted